Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 04:11 PM   #10
VanCampFarm

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #21980
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Stop using the word "Pilot". You don't have one. It is an electronic ignighter just like your BBQ. It ignites each time it needs to come on. Just like your BBQ. Switch inside when using gas coms on when you turn it on then goes out when the heater lights. It tries that 3 times. If it does not light the red light will stay lit. Some, like mine, use small blue dot light next to the switch. It works the same way. Check to see if you have 12 volts for the control and ignighter. If it has been working and at some point you see the red light lit all the time, the WH is not working.

I understand it’s not a pilot. However if you look at the photo of the panel i provided it has an indicator light saying “pilot out” . Which I understand means the igniter didn’t lite.

That like that in your opinion should read “igniter not igniting” is not lighting up. It usually would light then try again and again a few time till the igniter lights the flame for the heater. My problem is, it’s not igniting.

I can check the 12volts I definitely haven’t done that yet. I’ll need to take that panel off to check the 12volts at the spot correct?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum