Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 03:40 AM   #1
Islandsmith

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Washington
THOR #14595
External Kitchen Fridge Failure

I have the external kitchen in my Windsport 34J and the little refreshment fridge back there seems to have stopped working. Now I don't know squat about refrigerators and from what I can tell a replacement for this is in the $160 range...so it's not the end of the world if I need to get another one. However, I don't like the idea of throwing something out that might be fixable and then there is the principle of the whole thing, if I don't at least try to fix it what sort of man am I?

I removed it from the external kitchen and plugged it in on my work-bench. The compressor barely hummed and then a relay clicked...and the nothing. Once I unplugged it the relay clicked again after 30 seconds. I don't know if this is a thermal relay or just a delay.

The fridge has PD on the outside (never heard of it) and the model is BC-70E-NF.

There seems to be some corrosion around the thermal sensor and the connections of the refrigerant lines. I assume these things take a beating riding around in the back of the RV but I really don't know what to expect in terms of external condition.

If anyone has any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this I'd appreciate it. Or just tell me to stop being a stubborn fool and get a new one.

I also found this video that shows EXACTLY what my symptoms are:

https://youtu.be/WjmEBgIYHec

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum