Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 06:53 PM   #23
pneumatics

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20808
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Loose connection to the outlet(s). I assume since the GFCI outlet was replaced that is not the problem there. I assume the GFCI outlet is working?

If so, time to pull each of the downstream outlets and check the wire connections. RV manufacturers use cheap "pinch and cut insulation" type connectors as they are easy and quick to install, but are susceptible to losing connection in a moving vehicle.

Going down to your bigbox hardware store and buying a 10 pack of their cheapest duplex outlets would be a big upgrade.
Before the electricians start in....
The RV versions are designed to be finger safe, in other words when you mount it, it is completely encased with plastic so nothing external can touch a live wire or part. Electrocution avoidance.
The household versions are NOT finger safe in the back and/or side so you will need to add some form of box around each one. I have seen people wrap these with lots of tape to prevent touching but I don't trust tape only for that chore. Even if you bury them in the cabinet the exposed live parts could touch something (loose fasteners) then more problems.

Us old guys always 'tune for no smoke'

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum