Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 04:59 AM   #50
kwplot34

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Perhaps you read my repsonse to beths sale post.

If not Luddite, than what?

Buggywhip and typewriter.
Usable but the value/time/ability is certainly questioned.
I have a gazateer for every state we offroad in.
It is not primary. With what's available it should not be considered primary, no more than taking your horse to walmart is the best or even reasonable, tack.
One step Less than a paper map is hanging your head out the window and asking a local. This has its advantages...on occasion, not as a rule.

I did not say to take to my path. I said some here use a path that has been greatly improved upon. To disregard those improved paths simply for the sake of disregarding them...is Luddite territory.

Have your paper map find an open cafe at 3 am or an emergency clinic and their phone number.
Get back to us.
There isn't a thing wrong with a map. There is a thing wrong wit not considering the better tool for any job. I can change a clutch with a pipe wrench and a big screwdriver. It does not suit the job well.

The pictures are of about half of my maps for what equates to about ONE county and a vaguely small percentage of another.
I rely heavily on old technology. I do not mire myself because of it.

But those without a smart phone have a reason. Its unreasonable usually, but they have their own reason.
Just don't try to foist it on me as some cure for the evils of advancement,
If you're not running bias ply tires as part of the 'not me' plan, where does technology stop for you?

My original response was so those maybe unfamiliar and a bit apprehensive could see the myriad of choices and availabilities.
This response is to question why something as fully serving as a map app is disdained.
Do what works best for you and what you like, don't pass judgement when others do not use your preferred method and try to force your opinion on others. No one way of navigating the roads is better than the other, they will both get you too your destination when used correctly.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum