Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 08:46 PM   #9
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Just a followup comment. I noticed that Thor has a safety recall out for 2017-2021 Freedom Elite coaches per attached link. Since you have recently purchased this coach from a previous owner, if you contact Thor regarding the location of the coach disconnect latching relay, you should also confirm (or just look at the breakers yourself) that your coach has been corrected for any recalls to date. This one sounds like an important safety issue: breaker replacement to better match actual wiring ampacity.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/reca...es-080420.html

I am also attaching a basic schematic showing a “generic” DC only (no AC shown) diagram of how a “typical latching relay” (right side of diagram) fits between coach batteries and the DC output of the converter. Note also the 50 amp resetable breaker in series with the latching relay. This may not be exactly how your coach is wired, but it should be similar in general function. If you trace cables from the coach battery you might be able to find the latching relay and breaker yourself). I was thinking about why your coach batteries are fully charged, even though it seems like your coach latching relay is failed open. I suspect that when you run your engine, the alternator is probably able to charge the coach batteries; but probably not the converter running off SP or Gen. Also if the coach loads cannot connect to the coach batteries......there is likely only parasitic loads draining the batteries.Good luck Mike.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Basic Generic Battery Schematic.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	28886  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum