Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 04:44 PM   #9
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
If it was not safe for RVs in Colorado then wouldn't that mean there would be no campgrounds for RVs in Colorado?

Not being able to stop your RV on a decline is an operator deficiency, not a geographical or RV deficiency. People drive RVs over mountain passes daily without issue.

My wife can't stop laughing at your premise of escaping the "freezing" temperatures of the flat plains of Texas by going 1000 miles north up into the Rocky Mountains. We've been in Denver where is was sunny and in the 70s one day and in the 20s with 6 inches of snow on the ground the next morning.

There are altitude adjustments that may be required for your generator and gas appliances.

Your biggest issue is not a safety issue: where to dump? The work-around is to not use the RV "facilities" so you then have no need to dump.
Looks like you cut and pasted the Denver weather forecast under the Dallas Accu Weather heading and vice versa ? Point well taken, but a little while back when Denver was a looming possibility for our son, it was much colder in Dallas and Denver. I have three burst pipes and a busted header return on my pool to prove it. Our pool will be disabled for at least a few months while we wait for a newly backordered pool heater. I can't even find 2" PVC couplers and 90 degree elbows to build a temporary bypass from the heater. I had to order PVC fittings online!!! I expect to receive them next week.

Other than that, it was kind of neat to have a Ice Skating Rink in the back yard

All kidding aside... what have I learned?
1. I will check my Onan and Norcold manual on what they say (didn't think of that before)
2. I have two portable port a potties we use from tent camping. I will carry both, one inside to use and the other in basement as spare. They can easily be dumped anywhere.
3. Think we can do as you say to avoid use of water or use very little. I actually just de winterize the RV in preparation for this trip, I am starting to 2nd guess that Should I re-winterize to be absolutely sure. I must have done good job winterizing before because the RV suffered no freeze damage during that week long sub freeze span.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210217_145709.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	28935  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum