Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 02:55 PM   #4
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I looked at GC batteries for my new Axis 24.1 and concluded that they were too high. I ended up replacing the original G24 or 27s with a pair of G31 AGMs from WindyNation about $190 ea on Amazon. They fit perfectly.

You might squeeze two GC batteries in but the problem you will have, given the tight height spec, is room for the interconnecting cables. Attached is a pic of mine with the new G31 batteries in place.

I stored the G24/27s in the adjacent compartment and may use them for extended dry camping trips by connecting them with a jumper to the main batteries. That will give me a total nominal capacity of about 350 Ahs.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery compartment after.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	413.1 KB
ID:	29037  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum