Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Erie Canal?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 02:10 AM   #6
atreis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
I know nothing about the NY one other than that it exists. My daughter is going to RIT, and my son to Clarkson U, so between the two of them we've become familiar with parts of NY that we otherwise wouldn't have.

Areas in CVNP ... Haven't been there in years, since it was CVNRA. I grew up, up there. I'm a hiker more than cyclist, and always enjoyed hiking the towpath, and some of the other Akron Metropark trails (Hampton Hills in particular). The towpath and the bike trail run next to each other through most of the park. The bike trail ride from Boston Mills or Peninsula south to Everett would be a really nice ride. Boston Mills and Peninsula (small towns in the middle of the park) are nice, quaint, places to visit (especially Peninsula), and Brandywine Falls is a quick visit that's just a short walk from the parking lot (east of Peninsula). There are also a pair of ski resorts, one of which is in Boston Mills across the street from the CVNP visitor's center. No, not great skiing (~250 foot vertical), but they were local.

Someone else here (JamieGeek?) may have visited more recently...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum