Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 11:10 AM   #8
CHS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanN. View Post
Our Quantum Class C has the kitchen sink in the slide out. My neighbor noticed water running out under the length of the slide.
I found the flex drain hose had pulled loose on one of the connections. Upon inspection it is easy to see why it pulled loose. The flex hose has barbed fittings on both ends which the factory connected using a slip joint nut to the PVC fitting. This is not a secure fitting and the factory knows it. They used nylon ties around the hard piped fitting and the flex hose in an attempt to keep the pipe from separating. They were not successful. Attachment 29619 It has been repaired and will not pull apart now while letting the slide in and out.
I recently had the tailpiece nut under the kitchen sink crack so I replaced that and added a rubber coupling (like yours) to the horizontal pipe after the trap. That way any vibrations will not transfer to the fitting in the future. I also removed the straps holding the pipe in position and extended the slide to make sure there was not any stress on it, then reattached the pipe straps.
I also had a cracked nut under the shower pan drain. since it is completely solvent welding to the grey tank, I installed a rubber fitting connecting the tailpiece to the trap so that too will absorb any vibrations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	access door - inside view.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	29631  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum