Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 01:14 AM   #15
Lt Keefer

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
When I bought my first new RV a long time ago, it took a whole day for the purchase part of the transaction. After we signed the paperwork, the dealer scheduled a delivery date for the following weekend. I said I was ready to drive it home now. He said it is not ready for you to take home. He said it needed washing, inside and out. The tanks needed flushing, the propane needed filling, the gas tank had to be filled. All the owners manuals needed to be reviewed and he had to make sure they were all there. New batteries needed to be installed in the coach and the TV remote. The list went on and on. When we got there on delivery day it took all day for the delivery guy to go over each system. He would show how to do something, watch us do the same thing and then he would talk about what we did right and wrong. He ever demonstrated how to winterize the coach and it was the middle of summer. It was frustrating, as we were on our third RV, having owned two used rigs before that one, but when we left that afternoon, we understood how to operate our coach. Unfortunately, that dealer did not survive the 2008 recession, but they were an outstanding dealer. My original post is an indictment on the RV dealerships as much as anything else. These folks are taking the money and leaving these new owners clueless.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum