Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Clear coat
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 02:30 AM   #19
mcpandt

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 31s
State: Florida
THOR #19594
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I didn't use Zep, but a different brand acrylic floor polish...same thing.

My rig was faded fairly badly and the end result was quite jaw dropping. Amazing really. It looked really great for i'd guess about 6 months....after about a year it was almost back to 'normal'. I'd always intended to followup with maintenance coats but never got around to it....yet anyway...although mine is probably too far gone now.

A few more light coats will likely take care of those streaks, mcpandt. I want to say I did about 4-5 coats...it's been a few years. My prep was a bit more aggressive....scrub with barkeeper's friend followed by a good wash using TSP...then wiped on the floor polish with a rag dampened with the stuff.

More recently I tried Penetrol from the paint store. I'd read it was good for faded glass. It did look almost as good but didn't last as long.

I was very impressed by the Zep. I could use another coat, maybe this weekend, but it looks so much better. Also we had a long scratch from a tree branch, probably 10 feet long, just under the awning and after two coats I couldn't even find it. It also restored the fading on the decals.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum