Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 05:40 PM   #90
lwmcguire

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
These are all 10-ply E load rated tires. However, the standard LT tires are 115/112 rated and the C type are 120/121, so they have a higher load rating even though they are both classified as load range E. By C type I mean commercial truck tires, not load range C. The LT tires are usually designated as LT225/75R16 and the commercial type are 225/75R16C.
Never used the C designation I guess as all my tires were HD which started at E and higher

I always thought Commercial was 14 ply and up, not pickup tires. All my 19.5 were that

Brother blew out a few on his new rig until he went to 14 ply, just wasn't enough tire and got very hot. He did get his money out of his road side service however but he really didn't enjoy the wait time on the side of the road

the new load rating is interesting and I have 113 rated on my light weight F150. Going to be a learning curve for us grey beards. They will probably start messing with the 22.5's load ratings as well

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum