Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:38 PM   #41
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Update:

My next steps is to talk to Magnum because this may be some hidden feature?
I was able to talk to Magnum Energy today. They confirmed that the CSW 1012 Inverter I have DOES NOT have the ability to generate AC power for 30 minutes after shutoff of 12v power source.

So this means this phenomenon / feature can only be explained by Winnebago Engineering; as it is becoming obvious the Customer Service reps can not explain how it is wired. While the drawings show both Inverter and Battery installations, neither show details about how the wires are run across the coach and back to the battery, let alone how they may or may interact with Battery Isolation Relay or Solenoid.

Maybe it is some proprietary design and they don't wish to share? During interim Magnum Energy suggest it is either a capacitor, relay, or a timer between the Inverter? It would have to be a pretty big Capacitor to run TV and Outdoor fridge for 30 minutes?

Any help or ideas for next steps is appreciated.

I acknowledge the end result is a positive benefit, but I really would like to know how and why it works as it does.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum