Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 03:31 PM   #5
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Glad you found your coax cable problem.

This may not help you much, but I replaced both original DC powered TV’s (Jensen in kitchen and Skyworth in the bedroom) with modern AC powered TVs (32” LG in Kitchen and 22” Samsung in bedroom) within a year or two of buying the coach. Both original TVs worked, but were junk IMO. The Jensen weighs a ton too so your gas mileage will go up when you dump that one (a “slight” exaggeration maybe). The Samsung TV has a nice feature of allowing adjustment of the picture angle so you can watch while basically laying down. I purchased a separate DVD player.

As I recall I just bought cheap standard low profile mounting bracket systems for both TVs and installed for best fit with some modification, as required.

On our coach the original bedroom TV was direct DC connected by Thor factory, by cutting off the DC connector from the TV adapter (they threw the adapter away as we never got it) and then splicing it into the coach 12vdc wiring. For the new AC powered TV there was a 120VAC receptacle (no cover plate) already located in the wall space behind the bedroom TV mounting location which was accessible via an access panel (4 screw removable) on left side of the clothes closet on the bathroom side. The new LG in the kitchen does not totally cover the swing arm TV mounting space like the original Jensen did, but it is much better quality. Just check all your dimensions before buying some new TVs and check for the AC receptacle existence in the bedroom if you want to convert that one too. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum