Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 05:45 PM   #20
BlueWaterSUX

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Venetian A40
State: Idaho
THOR #17453
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARIA4000 View Post
Anyway, I tried removing the mirror arm so I can lift the cover off to access the screws but I could not get the darn thing off for the life of me. I will try lube and a hammer as I am sure it somehow seized.
My question to the people that fixed theirs with nuts and bolts, how did you access the other side of the plywood to add the washers and the nuts?
Thank you,
I'll look for some photos of it apart, but the swing arm has cast cam lobes!!! Those lobes need to be aligned with the relief slots in the mount fitting before you can lift the arm off of the mount bracket. So try swinging it back and forth as you are lifting to see if you can get the arm's lobes to line up with the casting voids...There is also a retaining bolt that goes up into the arm from the bottom. You may need to remove a little plastic access trim button... AND A DEEP WELL SOCKET to remove that axel bolt.

As far as getting access to the back side... I didn't. I mixed up some good quality 2 part epoxy and coated the lag bolts with it. I also packed the holes full of epoxy using a long stick as well as I could, then inserted the lag bolts and slowly tensioned them one last and final time. After the epoxy cured I re-assembled the whole mirror and haven't had any issues since.

I'll look for a photo of the cam lobes, but this might get you started and I won't have time to find those photos for a bit.

Today I am fixing my ill-engineered rear closet hanging clothes bar... It never ends with stupid and cheap being the front end goal...

Good Luck

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum