Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 10:18 AM   #10
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Envy View Post
Yeah, I have 4 valves ( I think)

1 is the big PVC drain
1 is a cold water supply to the water pump
1 is cold water bypass
1 is hot water bypass

I didn't winterize so I closed the PVC drain. Opened the supply and closed both the hot and cold bypass. (Assuming bypass)

Cold Water strong from both city and water pump to all faucets.
Hot Water, nada. Not even a drip.
No sound from Tankless water heater. Doesn't hum. Power and temp set but no activity. Lots of propane.

It's a 2020 Thor Gemini.

Gotta be something small but what da heck I am missing...no idea? Am I missing another valve? But shouldn't the system still hum or light?

Appreciate responses...4th motorhome but first time with tankless..

I have had two coaches with the Girard Tankless Water Heater and neither of them had a hot water tank bypass.... even though the schematics showed it. I think someone back at HQ is just lazy and reuses one set of schematics whether it is a tank or tankless water heater in a coach.

Anyway..... you said "Hot Water, nada. Not even a drip."

I take it to mean if you open the hot water on any faucet, there is no flow since you say "not even a drip."

If that is in fact the case, you need to check a couple items.

1) Check to make sure the inlet flow valve on the back of the unit is open and allowing water to flow into the tankless.

2) Remove the incoming water line at the back of the unit and check to see of the strainer / screen is plugged with construction debris. While you have it off you might want to make sure you have water coming through that line and into the tankless.

If you don't have a drip of water coming out the hot anywhere then that means there is no water getting into the tankless.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 6.16.01 AM.png
Views:	122
Size:	382.7 KB
ID:	30572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 6.16.37 AM.png
Views:	217
Size:	448.3 KB
ID:	30573  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum