Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 08:19 PM   #41
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athennesy65 View Post
Team: Do you mind if I call you the Team? Maybe better is fellow RV'ers: Such great suggestions, these are my other considerations; Wheelbase Difference 188" vs 194", Length 25'6" vs 26" 6' general upgrades between 2015-2016 ie noise levels E350 vs E450. Do any of these really make a difference?
I'm pretty sure the reason the 25.2 floorplan has the longer 194-inch wheelbase compared to others at 188 is because it has more mass at the very back due to the rear slide. Because of that I would not assume a better ride due to the longer wheelbase. We often compare parameters like wheelbase as if everything else is equal, but in this case it is not. Having said that 6 inches in WB difference isn't much. Nor is an extra foot in length. When you compare 20-ft to over 30-ft in total length, or 138-inch wheelbase to over 200 inches, then that makes a big difference. At least it has to me, which is why I'm looking for a smaller motorhome.

The only other suggestion I'll make is that you also compare motorhomes you are interested in with the slides in and out. Some slides can block access to things inside when retracted, or they may make the motorhome feel cramped. I personally don't like how motorhomes look or feel when slides are in, so given a choice I'd probably take a slide in the bedroom where I don't have to see it as much during the day. But that may have disadvantages also (like having to open slide to sleep when you'd prefer not to), so think through how you will use the MH. Renting before buying will help in that area if you have limited experience.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum