Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 10:07 PM   #1
keefd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Nebraska
THOR #21813
Question BIM160 not charging chassis battery when on shore power

Howdy all,

So I've owned my 2018 Axis 25.2 for a couple months now. When I park it at my house and connect it to 120V 15A shore power (AC, fridge, and microwave off), it'll keep the house batteries well charged at around 13.1V.

Problem is, it does not charge up the chassis battery and it goes dead after a coupe days. There's around a 1 amp parasitic draw from the chassis battery from what I've tested. I put in an aftermarket radio but the other electricals are all stock.

If I hit the Emergency Start switch I hear the clunk from the BIM160 and if I hold it down the radio will turn on after about 20 seconds. If I let go I hear another clunk and the radio dies after a few seconds. It doesn't seem to keep the chassis and house tied together. This is all with the engine off.

I bought a Noco Gen5x1 charger to keep the chassis battery charged, but it didn't seem to keep up, I wonder if the "smart" electronics can't deal. I had a cheap 8A charger that would keep it charged if I left it connected.

Any ideas as to what I can do to troubleshoot?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum