Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Omni questions
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 04:37 PM   #11
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Got it home yesterday and got under spending time on my creeper checking out the underside. The fresh water drain on the XG32 is of course under the bed but doesn't require any disassembly, access panel hinges up and has gas struts. The drain stub-out under the coach has a bunch of the spray foam around it but there is enough pipe to attach an extension so I can drain the tank without making a wet mess on my pole barn concrete. It has the "dealer's water so I need to sanitize. The DEF filler hose goes over the frame and doesn't appear to have low spots that would impede filling it. Not much slope to the hose though. Otherwise didn't see any other blaring faults.

Front bumper is missing the 2 left side screws. Doesn't appear they were ever installed. Shoddy factory work. I've followed the threads of bumper replacement and may go that route. I climbed on a ladder and was able to unroll the driver side slide awning, (topper) and get it straight. Hard to say if it will stay that way. One issue I see is the slide awning roller curves in toward the slide in the middle due to fabric tension. I suspect it's undersized roller issue and doesn't have the strength to stay straight and keep the awning taut. The XG32 isn't a full wall slide so I wonder what the other models look like that have the large slides. Since the center of the awning sags, water collects because the material isn't taut. That will be an issue I address for warranty after I'ver used it some.

Yesterday when I got home and when I went into the bathroom, the bathroom touchpad was floating in the toilet. Fortunately is was fresh water in it, not "business" water. Hallway lights were going from full bright to dim back and forth, pump turning off and on, vent fan going off and on. I removed battery, rinsed it of (just in case), and put a fan blowing on it all night. Today it seems to be behaving. I'll make sure lid is down on travel days. I didn't hit any particular big bumps and had not removed that touch pad previously.

More as I discover it and hopefully just little crap.

EDIT adding. In an earlier thread I commented that the ice maker hose was kinked/pinched going to the ice maker in the freezer section. Last week it was making good ice so apparently getting enough water through the hose. Taking the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum