Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Omni questions
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 01:03 PM   #17
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I can't even imagine that Ford manufactured the chassis incorrectly such that the bumper is off center.

Thor adds the fender flares, plastic bumper cover and adhesive paint protection. They also add the fog lights because they are not standard on the XLT package.

Not even sure how the Thor bumper cover could be that far off.... but all things are possible!

Hopefully the coach wasn't damaged at some point before you took delivery.

I had my coach at the Service Center in Wakarusa the first time about a month after I bought it to do a bunch of warranty work. One thing I had found was a small hole in the fabric (that I caught during the PDI). When they were replacing the awning fabric, they found the paint under the awning above the entry door had been poorly touched up.

Between the poor paint and small hole in the awning we deduced that the coach had gotten damaged somewhere between manufacturing and delivery. They asked if I would leave it for a week so they could schedule it to go into their body shop to have the paint fixed properly, which they did.

I think it was damaged at the dealership. The coach had a lot more miles on it than it should have being driven from Indiana to Ohio and maybe a few test drives. Since it was one of the first Magnitudes I'm pretty sure the dealer was driving it to RV Shows. That would explain the mileage on it with the dealership being so close to the plant. My guess it got damaged at show or enroute.

Let us know what you find.....
I put making tape on the Ford grill and Thor bumper for references. Bumper is right just over 2".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	31095   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	31096  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	31097  
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum