Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 02:17 AM   #532
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Kirkland AFB; my father was in the Air Guard there, got activated for the Pueblo Crisis in 1969, then to Cannon AFB Clovis NM, then an isolated tour of duty to the Philipines 70/71, then to Warner Robins in GA and finally back to Kirkland were he was NCOIC of the Base Photography Lab in the 80's and later retired out as a civilian employee.

Dad was in charge of the high speed photography for some of the Special Weapons developement: recording burst patterns with realtime damage photography plus some real neat solar array developements.

As small world as it is, a few years later my NC Air Guard Unit got activated for Desert Shield/Desert Storm and I end up at Kirkland AFB in 1991.

In Albuquerque we lived near Highland High in the NE Heigths: I graduated 1971 from Highland High "Go Hornets".

Doc
Born & raised in Albuquerque...Highland High Class of '62 ! GO HORNETS !!
Very small world.
Having been raised with Kirtland and Sandia at our back door made me appreciate the Air Force and the aircraft. Our home was on Girard which was under the glidepath of the North/South runway...when I was little, B36, B27, P41's, some of the early jets .. all flew over so close it felt we could reach up and touch them...as a child... Wow...this brings back many memories.!!
(I have photos of my Dad...he was born in Ft. Sumner...He was in the
Army Air Corp., before the war..have some neat photos of him.)

Then, of course, Ron worked on 135's & B52's , goony birds and anything else which came in needing their attention. He worked a couple of drops at Hickam.

I miss the mountains !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum