Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 11:37 AM   #6
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
The Owners Manual for the Super Duty (like any vehicle for that matter) covers multiple models with multiple options. Not everything in the Owners Manual applies to a specific model. The Super Duty Owners Manual covers F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550.

The Ford Super Duty Series only has a TPMS available for the F-350 in the Lariat Package for Fleets in the Single Rear Wheel configuration only. So the F-550 has no TMPS even though you see it in the manual.

I also went with the Crossfire Dually System with the TPMS option for my EEZ Tire TMPS System. Besides keeping the pressure balanced in the rear tires one advantage is one single inflation point for both tires.
When using the crossfire, if you have a tire go down does the check valve catch it before it would alert the TPMS? Would you only know it by seeing an indication when stopped? Obviously my knowledge of the system is limited but I do understand it balances the pressure between the 2 and the advantage of a single point for adjusting. Was there a particular model that of the crossfire that you and others can recommend? Since I am setting up "systems" I might as well get it all right the first time rather than piece-meal the improvements. From a logistical point did you have to remove the wheels to install or could you manage with them on?
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum