Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 09:22 PM   #13
BASSMAN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
Travelin Texan, I worked as a Cat mechanic and I am able to jiggle a 8D battery wile its still installed, the void at the top of the battery will hold gas vapor and filling them to the top with water will force out the vapor, some times a slight jiggle will help the gas vapor escape, all the CAT equipment use 2 8D batteries in series for 24 volt systems, when a bad connection develops during a start the high amp surge will fry the end of the battery cable and post right off the battery, we did not throw away a battery due to a fried post but we carried molds and we had to melt lead with a torch to build a new post, fail to fill the cells with water and you will blow up the battery with the torch, same safety procedure applied when welding or cutting on a machine around the battery box, few people working in the automotive industry around lead acid batteries have ever had to deal with it, but I have seen people who got lucky after trying to pull a battery an had it explode, jump starting a vehicle at the battery is another good way to have a battery blow up in your face, just trying to pass on a safety tip, if you do not agree with it feel free to scroll past my post

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum