Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 08:28 PM   #34
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid View Post
The Interstate EFB batteries I mentioned are deep cycle.
I think he was referring to Pure AGM Deep Cycle batteries.

By definition, the batteries you describe serve a dual purpose which serves well for some dual functions, but in the context of the discussion; it is stated the Pure AGM Deep Cycle batteries will not only outperform in House Battery applications, but last 3 times as longer as it maximizes lifetime and cycles.

If you think about it, a battery designed to serve the needs of starting an engine and maximize the AH capability to deep cycle tend to have different objectives. i.e. my batteries don't have the automotive posts because they are NOT designed for cranking engines. Sure they could in an emergency situation with the Coach's switch.

To further hammer that point, I replaced 2 perfectly good Dual Purpose NAPA RV/Marine FLA batteries to not only get maintenance free, but for 125ahs each, and 3 times the normal life or cycles. I paid around $500 and I insist it is the best thing I have done since buying the RV. There are several brands that make the same thing; so I will not advocate the ones I bought, but simply say, if you can get Pure AGM Deep Cycles anywhere close to 125ah each for about $250/battery you are doing good. Note: This is NOT to say that other batteries are bad, because someone could take the batteries you suggest and do just fine. I am just trying to relay the difference between the Pure Deep Cycle and what was meant by other poster.

Hope this helps.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum