Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 02:00 PM   #39
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
So who acxtually makes a "true" deep-cycle AGM battery?
And can I get it in a 31?
Short answer is most everyone makes them, and yes they are in Group 31.

I need an expert to chime in, but for me the word Pure or True come in when the battery is designed 100% for deep cycling and NOT for dual purposes like Cranking RV/Marine etc.

Here are some examples.

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-.../dp/B07ZN12CKD

Note. In my opinion buying the Duracell's at Costco is not a bad buy, a good buy at a good cost. That is what I was going to buy. But, I wanted maximum AH capacity and I did NOT want the automotive posts, and for me the $60 more per battery was a none factor. Batteries I bought shipped free and no taxes the true cost difference was even less. Especially considering my new batteries have 3 times as many cycles.

The reason why I crow is the fact that thus far with the new batteries, 12.7vdc is the lowest voltage I have run it down to. I upped my AGS to 12.5 vdc to auto start genset versus 12.2vdc that I had previously. I run longer in the real world off the new batteries and can recharge them at a higher voltage thus giving me even more life. It kind of flies in the face of the Lithium advantage of going down to 10% before having to recharge. For me, and for right now, the lithiums are like have too much money in a bank account unless you really need it. Right now the 125 true ahs is more than more than enough for us.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum