Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 11:02 AM   #5
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Did your dealer replace the entire pump assembly (including new motor, maniford and pressure switch)?

There is a pressure switch on top of the manifold (see the picture below), that measures the pressure when retracting the jacks. When the pressure reaches a certain level once the jacks are fully retracted, the sensor switches off the pump and the "jacks retracted" message will be displayed.

If the pressure switch is bad (they do fail), the pump motor will continue to run...... even after the jacks are fully retracted. You will continue to hear the pump running and trying to build up pressure to keep the jacks in place. This can be the "howloing" you are hearing. Eventually, the 100A Bussman breaker can trip if the motor runs too long and starts drawing too much current. Then you would get a low voltage error message of the breaker were to trip.

If the dealer did not install a new pressure switch and / or check that wiring, it could be the source of your problem.

I had a pressure switch fail on my old Outlaw 29H. I got one on Amazon for $100 and it solved my problem with the pump continuing to run after the jacks are retracted.

FWIW...... I would not have signed the paperwork to purchase the coach until this issue (and any others uncovered during my own PDI) were fixed to my satisfaction.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 6.58.26 AM.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	32146  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum