Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 05:32 PM   #5
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Before I built my pole building, I would plug in my Super C with a 50A to 15A dogbone to a GFCI outlet that convenient from where it was parked in the driveway. My stock WFCO Converter would trip the GFCI occassionally. Never had any issues when I was plugged into a regular 15A outlet.

I eventually replaced the WFCO with a Progressive Dynamics Converter because I wanted a better Converter / Charger. I can't remember if I ever tried it on the GFCI once I got the garage built. In any case, I did check all the wiring in the coach, including the outlet the Converter was plugged into and everything checked out.

The total length of the wire in a GFCI circuit can have an effect on the GFCI outlets performance. When you get over 100 - 150' capacitive leakages can occur due to the wire length of the circuit and may exceed the threshold of the GFCI. The actual length limitations vary depending on wire type and size. If you have a 50' extension cord and long wire runs through you house on that GFCI circuit, it could be contributiing to your issue.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum