Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 10:41 PM   #52
mikeage

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 28Z
State: California
THOR #15361
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnxhc@gmail.com View Post
For me it is a real no brainier and although I consider myself handy I do know my limits

While waiting for them, I went to Jenks lake with my family for 4 hours walk,picnic and relaxing (attached), and went back to Campground when they arrived.

It took two professional guys two hours to push it in. They went over the roof, opened the weather seal, disconnected the motors and reconnected the motors, pushed the slide on track.... I also have to help them to push the slide control when both of them working
I don't believe I can do it for one month

They didn't push it by hand, they just correct the slide,track etc and use the motors to push the slide in.

The bottom line:
A lot of things are damaged, the track, the support, motor etc...

According to them, Thor is using the same hardware metal used for 10' slide out on my 29' slide, it is just not strong enough and it is badly designed.
It was the 3rd time they have to do this in 3 weeks.

It will be very expensive to fix it,but I do have extended warranty, it is suppose to cover those areas. But they don't cover this service call.

Now I can continue enjoying my stay here.
Hi, I was searching the forums and happened on the photo you posted showing the v-roller jumped the tracks. My 3-track just did the same thing, see photos. I always level before extending slide, and hold the switch for several seconds.
This issue seems major and structural though, since the top 2 bearing block "feet" actually broke off in the tracks, then the rollers jumped their v-tracks as shown in the photo. The slide main width almost seems too small for its opening in the RV, and just shifted over off the tracks.
Also see in photo, the original rivet holes were drilled out and replaced with new holes/screws, so this system has been operated on before (I'm the 3rd owner).

Has anyone dealt with this, and what was the solution?

I am thinking about adding sheet metal shims behind the 3 tracks to take up this horizontal clearance, but open to any suggestions / experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	broken_foot2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	32161   Click image for larger version

Name:	jumped_track.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	32162  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum