Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 04:51 PM   #1
Kruncher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni RB34
State: New York
THOR #20403
Thor Magnitude on the Beach

Driving my Thor Magnitude on the Beach in Montauk!
Being that I couldn't find information or pics online related to driving a Super C on the beach, i figured I share a couple. This past weekend, I had my Thor Magnitude on the sandy beaches in Montauk, NY. I was super nervous to driving on the beach being that I couldn't find solid information or experiences from other Magnitude owners. I have to say that I am very impressed with the performance of the Ford F550 4x4 on the beach. I was a little skeptical with the continental tires being more rated for road performance. I aired down following the 2/3's out rule which put me around 30-35 psi. The sand was dry and soft and i was able to get thorough it very well. It was great waking up and looking out of the front window to seeing just sand and water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5492.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	32269   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5858.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	32270  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum