Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 09:39 PM   #13
racochran

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Chateau 28E
State: Arizona
THOR #13948
Quote:
Originally Posted by donblanco View Post
So how would one go about finding/ordering a part from Thor? Is this something carried by dealers/service centers?
Well I had a problem with a seal like yours under my Chateau bedroom slide. I could not find a source. I called Thor they sent me to an authorized dealer service department which turned out to be where I bought this rv and for mine the description was:

Seal, wiper 14' TPL0023, bottom, w/exterior trim angle, black, (old pl 1379)

new item number was 0229431

Now this was for mine yours maybe different. I provided the service or parts department, Year, Make the usual stuff they want and they sent me a pdf and I picked out what I thought look right.

Note though this stuff came in 14' sticks and believe it or not would have been expensive to ship, way costly as it would have been shipped truck freight to me directly because of 14" length. If cut it in half which worked for me as I need it to be a little less the 7' for my application the shipping was by UPS ground a whole lot cheaper. I think this thing cost about $26 and even cheaper freight by UPS was another $47 totaling $79. Expensive for sure but if you need it and can't get anywhere else what can you do! I am not for sure what truck freight was but I seem to remember it was double the UPS freight.

Hope that is a little help and is the same stuff you need.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum