Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 04:15 PM   #6
paulwadley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Hi Bob
If the toad does not fit on your current trailer and you decide to tow dolly it, remember that you will have to crawl around the tow dolly each time you either hook up or unhook your toad. I use a tow dolly (Cartow dolly.com) that has surge brakes with disc brakes on the tow dolly wheels. It also has brake lights on the tow dolly, but I added magnetic tow/brake lights that I just stick onto my toad for additional braking lights. Some states require them. I just added a two plug adapter to my hitch plug so I can have both the trailer brake lights and magnetic brake lights working. There are also wireless magnetic brake lights available(comes with a trailer hitch plug that operates the brake lights). On my tow dolly, I have to put on the safety tire strap on each front wheel and then attach an under carriage safety chain on each front side. I also made up a check list that I follow whenever I hook up or remove the toad from the dolly. That way I don't forget a step. I keep it inside the cab and pull it out each time to use. There are several YouTube Videos on car tow dollies to view. If your car does not have a locking steering wheel, you do not need a tow dolly that swivels.

NOTE: I have been very happy with my tow dolly from Acme CarTow Dolly.com. Their customer service has been outstanding.

Paul

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum