Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 06:46 PM   #19
Bill Johnson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhhoy View Post
Please let me know if this is not an appropriate posting.

The son of a friend of mine is thinking about buying a motorhome. Since I have one, and love it (2017 Thor Compass), my friend asked me if I had any advice for his son. I am a retired MH owner who likes to wander around in comfort, so my MH is pretty new and loaded with nice features. However, my friend said that his son doesn't have a lot of money, but would like a basic MH that is reliable for long trips.
So, my question is ... where should I tell him to start? Is there a forum that might ask the right questions? Would an RV "book" be the place to start? Is there a good marketplace the he could go to?

Thanks for any ideas that you might have.
Young couple camped across from us in a 2002 Pace Arrow towing an old Saturn. They were going across the US. The only thing he replace was the battery. I asked him about the motorhome, he didn't know anything he just drives it. I asked him if it was the Chevy 8.1 or the V10 engine he didn't know. They left Wisconsin the next morning and they were going to New Mexico. If this was me I probably would have broke down 3 times already, that's just my luck. I hope he's mechanically inclined because it could cost a lot to fix small things if he takes it in to a repair shop instead of fixing it himself

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum