Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
wbob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24fe
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20046
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
How did you enlarge the holes on the simulators?

Paul

I used a Sharpy to outline the holes on the back of the two simulators. I tried free hand but didn't like it and had to remove the marker with a scrubbing pad. The problem for me was the bowl shape the simulator. I finally used card templates that insured that all four holes were the same. I determined the hole locations by aligning with the location of the valve stem on the wheel. To be accurate and ensure I didn't cut in the wrong place, I did this separately for both the passenger side and driver's side.

The cutting was easy. I just used a small cutoff wheel trying to stay inside the markings. Finally, I used a deburring tool to smooth out the edges of the holes. Someone also suggested a jig saw with a metal cutting blade and I am sure that would work. Not everyone has these tools and there are probably metal fabricators nearby that can easily do the job (you will have to outline the holes for them). I suggest that they not use a plasma torch as the heat will most likely ruin the chrome on the simulator.

I'm using this reply to post two pictures of the tire valve extensions on one of the simulators. It was returned to me in this condition after the state inspection.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2508.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	33675   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2510.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	33676  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum