Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 07:30 PM   #13
Marine1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #17177
Red face RV driver's beware the ferry boat

Just a word of caution to RV driver's who decide to venture over to Ocracoke Island. The Swan Quarter Ferry boat is fun, adventurous and worth the trip. However, don't do what we did. As instructed by the ferry boat crewman I pulled up and onto the ferry quarterdeck where cars and trucks are ferried across the Pamlico Sound. He parked me very close to the raised portion of the boat (Fo'c'sle) with just inches to spare. Unbeknownst to me the exhaust of the boat's engine compartment was equal height to blow into my open driver's window. It was very hot that day and the carbon monoxide blasting into our motorhome was at first undetected and almost did us in. We became very sleepy, headachy...and layed down. Something woke me up and and I realized we were in trouble. In hindsight, we should've exited the RV and closed the windows. Lesson Learned, and we're alive to tell the story. Be safe out there and God Bless.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum