Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 06:55 PM   #54
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I will take that bet in a heartbeat.

For what it’s worth, I was replying to David’s concern over aerodynamics, not that I think it would be important to lower it.

The main reason I would want to see a picture (even if computer generated) is because I think the Axis may look much better if built with traditional straight walls and proportions.

I also think shedding weight and manufacturing costs would help (versus going larger and more expensive which apparently hasn’t work that well). What could it hurt to build a smaller Axis designed much like a huge “B”? Cost could be lower than many Class B while providing much more room. Just a thought from the bigger is not always better crowd.
Well I'm not in the bigger is better crowd. I liked the 24.4 because it packed more in the same space as the 24.1--just a longer slide. You gain a dinette will still retaining the couch and a bed (yes its a Murphy bed that has to be put away but they aren't that difficult to put away). To us the floorplan resembled the Terry 26H travel trailer we had about 15 years ago--it was our favorite floorplan then.

I don't think Thor would go through the effort of making an Axis/Vegas without the taper is that the whole front piece is made out of fiberglass in a mold. They would have to re-make the mold (something they haven't done since 2014).

Now making a simpler, cheaper one (e.g. one without slides) would be a very easy thing to do comparitively so. Kind of puzzled why they haven't--I guess they think one sans a slide wouldn't sell that well?

As pointed out somewhere else on the forums here, however: Thor is currently working through its backlog. I'm guessing that is the reasoning here: Why do we need another floorplan? We're still trying to catch up with all the orders we already have.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum