Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 03:41 PM   #30
MJC62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by musichick3 View Post
Can you explain that for me? ��
I believe the Nomad is describing the way an internal combustion engine works though in terms my old high school auto mechanics teacher would have cringed at.
A 4 stroke internal combustion engine needs four functions to run. Intake, Compression, Power and Exhaust
1) as the engine turns over the piston goes down on the first cycle or stroke creating a vacuum & the intake valve opens to draw the air fuel mixture into the combustion chamber.(Intake)
2) the piston moves upward on the second cycle or stroke and compresses the air/fuel mixture. Both valves are closed (compression)
3) As the piston forces the compressed air/fuel mixture to the top on the 3rd cycle the spark plug fires and ignites the mixture pushing the piston down
(power stroke)
4) on the next cycle back up the exhaust valve opens and expels the spent gasses (exhaust) then the cycle begins again as the piston goes back down drawing in the air/fuel mixture eliminate any one of the 4 strokes and the engine won't run.
The usual suspects for an engine not starting are no spark or no fuel. As u have checked out the no fuel logically next step is to see if it has spark
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum