Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 05:53 PM   #4
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I've owned a 2020 Magnitude SV34 for just over two years and I purchased one of the first off the line built in April 2019. So let's set some expectations and give you one owner's experience to consider in your decision making process.....

My concern with any new coach built since late 2020 is that quality and workmanship could be worse than what I have typically come to expect. All of the RV manufacturers have experienced unprecedented demand. They have had trouble hiring enough workers to meet that demand and they are taking what they can get in terms of warm bodies. Most of these workers are somewhat unskilled and lack pride in the quality of their work.... and the RV manufacturers are also to blame because they are trying to just push out as many units as they can as quickly as they can.

The other issue is that component shortages are causing some manufacturers to rip up their schematics and modify units on the line to make different components they can obtain fit and work when they may not be the same as what was originally spec'ed for a model.
Quality has been a issue for eight to ten years maybe longer. It is not just a THOR issue. One manufacture wants to increase production or introduce an new line, they need workers. Offer a small increase in pay to get workers from your competitors and some newbies.

There is nothing wrong with changing to other components so long as engineering drawings and parts list have revisions documented. If not, it can create a big cluster *%$#! In my working life I had to rev designs as part availability changed. Mechanical engineers were in charge and I could not get them to understand that space level parts are not like sheet metal that can be gotten in a few days. They were shocked after waiting six months the parts were now on a six to eighteen month availability. You would think they would learn the first time - NO! Never.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum