Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2016, 05:01 AM   #22
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Yes, I have. I've inquired about what I needed to do to order a 24.1 without the slide and with a dinette (like living area of 25.3) and was told respectfully to forget it. It's not within their capacity to custom make much of anything, even if it's mostly to not cut a big hole in the side of an RV. I appreciated their directness and I'm perfectly fine with their response. As an engineer I know it's not as easy as it sounds to make changes like that. That's why it has to be looked at globally.

Regarding Winnebago, they have similar size motorhomes (actually slightly smaller on Mercedes Sprinter chassis) that I like the size even better, but they also have small slides, no "real" MegaStorage, and only come as diesel. On the plus side they get up to 17 MPG (hence 12 MPG on simpler Axis is very doable).

I would love an Axis floorplan that moves in the direction of picture below. It would still be a little larger than this Hymer, but taking on some of its simpler appeal.
It seems like there are, always, trade-offs. We, certainly, hope you find what makes you happy...even though it might be a compromise ...
If you must have a dinette...then, do the 24.1 and replace the couch with a dinette. I think someone on this forum has one for sale. We had our experience with a dinette, in our toyhauler and I didn't like it !
I don't know how many bodies you travel with...we are only 2 + KC our cat. Over the years, we have learned to managed our needs when traveling, whether it is RVing/driving/riding motorcycle or flying. This time, with the Axis..even tho it seems like I have more storage..I cut down on pans and extra stuff. I, always , seem to have too many things to drink from !! noticed that the other day. The rear outdoor storage on the Axis has turned out to be more than we expected.
Since we have not gone on an extended trip yet..we shall see how much of that extra space, outside, we use !

Keep all of us posted on how you are doing on your search !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum