Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 11:15 PM   #15
kwplot34

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Outstanding work Kevin! Your the man! The pictures and play-by-play analysis of the construction is great!!!!

I have seen those wells from other owner reports on other models. One was for a slide where the welds broke and Thor wouldn't cover it and the Extended Warranty called it structural and wouldn't cover it.

Since you have the skills and equipment, I thnk you made the right call cancelling your appointment in Wakarusa to do the repairs yourself.

I'm so dang impressed I want to bring mine out to Missouri and pay you to do all the same things even though Thor already did their repair!!

It's at least a positive that the front cap and house connection is through an aluminum stud but given the history of these front caps on the Super C, Thor could have used bolts and nylok nuts instead of those small 1/8" screw under the molding and it would have saved everyone a lot of headaches.

It is also a shame they did not put more support in the cab-over bunk area at the cab roof. While that aluminum chanel was a start, there just isn't enough support for all that weight and the flexing that occurs when driving and leveling; especially with that heavy panoramic window adding more weight out over the windshield where there is no support.

Please keep us posted of your progress along the way. This is a great project to follow!!!
When I get done with mine bring yours on out. It amazes how Thor can assemble some of the coach correctly and then you remove something else and it makes you go WHAT THE HELL and the design of that cap is one of those WTH moments. The only thing supporting the frame that the mattress is on is that thin aluminum pedestal and no reinforcement what so ever in that fiberglass cap, they could of at least glassed in some stringers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum