Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 12:36 AM   #20
kwplot34

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
have not removed the self tapping screws along the front yet, they actually go into a pretty beefy reinforcement in the cab roof just in front of where the cab clearance light holes are at, so I am going to leave them for now. I still plan on using the nuts and bolts in that area to clamp the cap to the cab roof better, instead of the aluminum strip like I did down the sides I want to install either an aluminum box or C channel just in front of the self tapping screws, this will serve 2 purposes. 1) it will serve the same purpose as the strips, better clamping against the fiberglass cap, 2) it is approximately 10 1/2" in front of the pedestal and will give more support to the big aluminum frame that is only supported by the pedestal.
I have some other ideas to reinforce the fiberglass cap floor to help support the big frame, it will have to be reinforced because the cap is pretty thin and flexes easily and it is not made of hand laid mat it is done with a shredder gun and that stuff is just not very strong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cap34.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	34587   Click image for larger version

Name:	cap31.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	34588  

Click image for larger version

Name:	cap40.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	34589   Click image for larger version

Name:	cap36.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	34590  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum