Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 03:02 AM   #5
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Yeah lesson learned.

Now what I may get to do is build a couple of supports that will be 4 inches high, 6 inches wide and about 4 feet long so I can roll the fridge out of the cabinet to replace the ice maker water line. I looked at the fridge and it is on 4 rollers so building the support boards will eliminate the need to lift it off and back on the slide floor. Now I need to figure out how Thor attached the upper mounting plates to the fridge. It looks like they used some type of padding and adhesive on the bracket to fridge side and then screws into the cabinet. The bottom brackets are screws into the fridge and cabinet.

This week I am going to research if I can get the line into the freezer by removing the ice maker and then use the old line to fish the new one in for installation. I may call Whirlpool customer service and ask this question. Before I do anything, I may also find an appliance store that has this model fridge on the floor so I can take a look at the back side of it to see how the ice maker line is installed and/or attached.

Then there is always my wife's suggestion, plead with the dealer for an appointment in the next two weeks.

If all that fails, for the first trip out I can clean the cob webs off the cooler and buy a bag of ice.

Heck, now that I think about it this is becoming a low priority. I'll disconnect the line and cap off the valve and then go to the party store and buy some reusable ice balls and load them in the ice bin in the freezer.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum