Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 07:07 PM   #1
TxTig

Model: Challenger LX
State: Arkansas
THOR #6651
Do you lock your RV while it’s in storage?

Do you lock your RV while it’s in storage? A thief recently hit the storage yard where I keep my motorhome. He hit 35 RV’s over a period of five nights before anyone realized the break-ins were taking place. Broke two windows on my coach, but only stole a few items that were worth less than $150. Cost to replace the two windows is $3500 and my motorhome is out of commission until probably January before I can get the repairs completed.

I’m now thinking I’d have been better off to have just left the motorhome unlocked. We don’t really have anything of significant value in it, and locking it up doesn’t seem to protect it anyway. If I hadn’t locked it, they probably wouldn’t have broken the windows and I’d only be out the small items they decided to steal.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum