Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 01:49 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by robebur View Post
When plugging to a 120v post in my storage unit and using adapters to use the 50AMP plug, the power keeps tripping at the post. My solar charger is on. Not sure why the power keeps tripping, nothing in the coach drawing a lot power. The only thing on is the fridge running off the inverter. Any thoughts?

Start with basics first before jumping into a lot of fixes based on guesses.

First, what are you plugged into at “storage unit”? Some storage units only provide 15A service to keep batteries charged. Also, your power may be shared with other users. Can you confirm nothing else (like another motorhome) is plugged into same breaker circuit.

You mention not using a lot of power in your coach. What exactly do you have on? Sounds like refrigerator and battery charger (converter) but are you certain that you don’t have water heater on, or trying to run an A/C, etc. Water heater on electric are often easy to forget, and they draw a lot of power.

Please provide more specific information so you don’t end up wasting time and money. You may just be overloading a breaker. In my opinion it’s hard to say with information you provided.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum