Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 01:51 AM   #744
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Since you mentioned planes:

Here's the Best grandpa in the history of grandpa's.
My father in law only told me that he was in an MP unit and that is why he became a police officer when he came back. He landed in Normandy on D Day A lot later than he would have since his unit was told to go out and enjoy themselves the night before they were to load onto the transport ships. He felt sick so he stayed in his bunk. An old German bomb not found next to the theater they were in exploded and killed his entire unit. He was assigned to another unit that landed later in the day. He never spoke about the war except to say that none of them were angry at the Germans. He did say that in Germany that they did get angry but, not at the Germans. He showed me a rifle he took back, brand new from a German armory that they broke into. It had the German swastika etc. and then in another area "MADE IN THE USA" I kid you not. After he died all his metals were discovered and pictures were sent to all the family. His brother served in the Army Air Core in south Asia. He was going to be sent back to the states and was hanging around for a week after the war ended. They needed an officer to inspect out lying bases, so he volunteer to do it. His plane crashed and he died. He was brought back and buried at the Punch Bowl in Hawaii. We went there to see his grave. My father in-law raised his son.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum