Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Hello everyone!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 02:26 AM   #5
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina View Post
My name is Christina and I just want to say how nice it is to have these threads to read while trying to make an informed decision. We are currently in talks with MHSRV about purchasing a new 2017 Thor Axis 24.1. About 6 months ago my husband and I purchased a 33' travel trailer hoping to see America through RVing. The minute we drove it off the lot I knew we had made a big mistake. We are very new to anything related to RVING. The walk through was very detailed and exhausting. Thankfully I recorded the whole thing. Regardless, towing the trailer scared me to death. Upon taking our first outing, we came upon a large accident involving a truck pulling a travel trailer. 2 people died in that accident. That was all I needed to see. I have not lost the dream of RVING, just the towing part. So here we are... I'm just leery of making another financial mistake. I would like to ask if anyone out there has regretted buying their 24.1 and any thoughts going through MHSRV? Thank you - Christina
Hi Christina ... Ron and I had 2 Class B/B+ motorhomes, all the while he was wanting a Toy Hauler Trailer...Sept. 2014, he found exactly what he wanted and we sold our motorhome and bought the trailer. Used it all summer 2015..a couple long trips included. At the end of the season he decided he did not want to pull the trailer (when he bought it I told him I was not driving the truck with the 30' trailer behind it..scared me from the beginning)
We traded our toy hauler in for a 2016 Axis 24.1...we are soooo happy ! We are back in our comfort zone with a 25' motorhome, which we can park, virtually, anywhere and has plenty of space for the 2 of us and an occasional grand kid !
We have done 3 overnight local trips to make sure we have it set up correctly...and everything is working the way it should. So far so good.
As you will find...there are many options out there...it took us 4 different units to get it right !
The advantage of the 24.1 is the bed in the rear.. can be twins or a King .. with the slide up front, it offers more living room. The table setup for us, is better than a dinette.
You just gotta weigh all the options and hope you make the correct decision for you and yours.

Enjoy the search and know that everyone on this Forum will be happy to offer all kinds of information and advice !
Click image for larger version

Name:	4-3-16 b     Axis with awning.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	1875
Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum