Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 09:31 PM   #2
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
My 2 cents....

From a specification standpoint there are two things that jumped out at me. The first is that fuel consumption doesn't seem to be listed correctly in the specs. The fuel rate (GPH) at rated capacity is the same as at 50% based on tank size and run time. That's highly unlikely to be the case. It's probably correct at 50% power but at 100% I'd expect burning more fuel. It's probably a typo in specs.

Weight is significant too. I'm guessing it would take two strong men to lift it. For comparison I looked at 2,000/1,600 watt model and it weighs almost twice as much as a Honda (kind of the standard). Noise level for that 2,000-watt size generator is a little higher than a Honda also.

If I were looking to buy, I'd research how much fuel it burns at lower power levels. Honda and others list fuel burn rate at 25% of rated power, which in the case of such a large generator would be important for me to know. Normally the lower the power output the lower the efficiency, so oversizing the generator may cost a little more in fuel (which may be insignificant if you don't run it much).

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum