Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #8
Burq57

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE
State: Washington
THOR #4257
Found a replacement

I found a replacement for the switches. Went online and found the manufacturer "Carling Technologies". Then found that Digi-Key is a distributor for the rocker switches. I emailed them and received a cross reference Part# 432-1094-ND for the Step Cover switch. I ordered one. It has two LED's but I will only be using one, which is what is need anyway.

I plugged it into my existing base connector terminal after bending a couple of the leads on the switch. The new switch has a slightly different case than the original. I had to bend a couple of the switches terminals in order to plug it into my existing base connector.

After verifying the switch works, I have now ordered several more switches and decided to order new base terminal connectors. I could have simply cut off the extra leads, but it did not cost much more for the new base terminals.

The caps of the switches are removable and interchangeable, so I also ordered a cap removal tool to make sure I do not damage the original caps when removing them. The total order came to just over $75.00 which includes 8 new LED rocker switches, 8 new base terminal connectors and the cap removal tool.

I should have everything by the end of this week and hopefully get them installed in the next couple of weeks. Once everything is complete, I will post pictures of the final product, and all the part numbers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum