Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 07:44 PM   #70
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Lol my 30 year rv tech does not understand folks using black in hot weather. We strongly recommended 2 whites for me. Installed 2 whites and not a lot of heat in those areas
Given their function and where they are I can't imagine black/white making that much of a difference. Sure the black vent cover may get warmer than the white one, but its up on the roof and heat rises.

On top of that the Maxx air fans are exhaust only, at least the ones on my coach are. Thus there won't be anything forcing the hot air from the vent cover into the coach. (One could argue that the black cover will heat the air inside it causing more convection to draw air out of the coach than a white one with the fans off.)

I also ordered a black Magneshade for the coach since I didn't think any of the other colors they offered matched anything else on the outside of the coach. Again this is on the outside and still will be stopping the light from getting in heating up the inside so it will still perform better than simply closing the curtains at the front of the coach. I'll have to see if the black shade heats the inside or not (it won't be here for a few weeks). We had a grey Sunguard shade for the last Axis which did a great job at keeping the inside cool covering the big fishbowl front when parked but grey isn't black so we'll see.

Also note, however, that we're in Michigan and camp mostly around the midwest (although we have gone on and do plan longer trips elsewhere) so tons of heat, like the kind TX or AZ get will not be a frequent occurance for our coach.

LOL! Didn't mean to be so argumentative over something one might consider a simple thing LOL...the color of an RV accessory.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum