Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 08:34 PM   #25
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGwin View Post
I just had this same issue. The manual for this system says that you can press the button 6 times and hold it on the 7th press until the lights blink. You should be able to bring the slide back in then. It worked for me. Good luck!!!!
Putting the Schwintek In-Wall slide's controller into Emergency Override, deletes all of the safety features of the controller. This can allow the slide to cock, wedge, jam or to burnout a motor. It should be used only an emergency when the slide cannot be moved into the travel position. The slide should not be put out again until the cause of the slide's problem is corrected.
I like to use the "Rapid Camp" remote to put the slides out. Since we travel with cats, it is best to make sure the slide clear of obstructions including the cats and cat toys are sequestered in the bathroom. It is not uncommon to find a "rattle mouse" under the slide. Next, I go outside and make sure the topper is clear. I have had the topper unfurl when traveling. When the spring retracts the topper, it will bend the brackets and jam the topper against the slide. As the slide opens, I stand to the side and listen for any unusual noises or the motor struggling. I do the same when retracting retracting the slides. As has been said, hold down the slide's movement button for about 5 seconds after the slide is completely out or in. This stalls the motors and the controller re-syncs after the motors have stalled for one to two second.

I wipe the seals down with 303 twice a year and lubricate the gib and shoe with PFTE twice a year.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum