Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 05:59 AM   #18
Jusplainwacky

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Hurricane 29M
State: California
THOR #3923
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Look at his profile to the left.

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781

What year is yours?

When I was looking Windsports & Hurricanes were physically the same except for a few cosmetics and front grille.

I think some are just trying to help before you invest a large amount of money. You are right that you should be able to spin 180. You may just be off 1"

Just for my sanity, if your slide is out, can you turn 180?
Mine is a 2016.
The only time I turn my seat around is when I have the slide-out out.

As someone mentioned, I could always move the pedestal back as it's not that far off. I'm just not sure it's worth my time as I'm not that thrilled with them as it is. My Jeep and my Silverado offer more control than the ones in the coach. One would think that Thor would put some quality when it comes to seats as most people aren't just commuting to work in their coach. It's important to have quality seats when traveling.

What boggles my mind, is that you can't even raise/lower the seat...what's up with that?? When you buy a Thor, do you have to stand against a ruler with a sign that says, "To ride this you must be this tall"

It's pretty much a given that things can be mounted differently depending on who was working that day...so this really doesn't surprise me. Somethings are just thrown together, and I cannot tell you how many screws and stuff I have found laying around. Or screws not attached to support members.

Case in point when it comes to quality...my better half was standing near the sink when I was extending the slide out, and I heard her yell...STOP!! I was standing right there at the door and we both heard something that didn't sound right.
I discovered that the sink hoses/drain got snagged on the framing of the cabinet under the sink and it was pushing the cabinet out and the countertop up. Lucky for me, as soon as I heard it, I stopped so no damage occurred. I ended up redoing the whole hose/drain/vent setup. I called Thor to alert them, and they said that they had reengineered it. If you have a 29M, I strongly advise that you take off the panel that hides the hoses, extend the slide-out, and watch everything move and make sure it doesn't snag on anything. It's really a poor design.

Getting back to seats...I may now have to go look at different SUVs/Trucks and see what kind of seats they have...and then perhaps hit some salvage yards, or like I said, contact some RV salvage yards, but I hear that seats are one of the first things people want.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum